This region is located in the area covered by the Setubal peninsula. Although with a housing tendency, it has significant areas of protected landscapes and a multifaceted littoral. The Arriba Fossil of Costa da Caparica is one of the classified areas that extends itself up to 13 km and has great geological, paleontological and floristic value.
In the south littoral of the region is the Natural Park of the Arrabida Mountain. Within the mountain, there an unusual flora and fauna, with important landscapes and vineyards, and beautiful beaches with steep cliffs, like Portinho, Galapagos and Figueirinha. It also has a network of hiking trailers. The littoral has other excellent choices like the lagoon of Albufeia, ideal for sailing and canoeing in calmer waters and the sand plains of Meco until Espichel cape. On the northern coast Alcochete and Barreiro offer pleasant river beaches – now unpolluted – and also a trip in traditional Tagus vessels.
A tour in Setubal must include Praça do Bocage – City Hall and St. Julião Church – and the superb landscape of St. Filipe castle terrace. You quickly arrive to Palmela which at its entry presents the D. Maria Chafariz (fountain) showing the way for the castle, the greater fortification of the region.
Beginning of Scouting
• Beginning of scouting: 1934
• Beginning of the region: 1975
• CEADA - Centro de Educação Ambiental da Arrábida
• Training Courses for Leaders and CNE’s Educational Programme
• Cursos Monográficos: Responsabilidade Civil, Ambiente, Educação Especial, Família / Monographic Courses: Civil Responsibility, Environment, Special Education, Family
• District camp
• Spring games
• Song Festival
• Janeau-tau (Lobitos) - Activities for Cub Scouts
• Activites for Scouts
• Icthus ( Pioneiros) - Activities for Pioneers
• Activities for Rovers